AP English is a popular discipline among students who love improving their language skills. Just as any other class, this course implies that students will face at least one project and midterm + final exams. Besides, this class involves a lot of research and writing.
At the test, the students must be ready to handle 3 original types of academic papers. One of the essays is known as a rhetorical analysis essay. A good example of mind blogging you will challenge can be seen in Inception film. A stellar rhetorical evaluation essay is a real challenge, so it is better to learn all possible ways of writing it thanks to our effective tips.
Know How to Define a Rhetorical Analysis
First, you should know what a rhetorical analysis is before moving to the discussion of this type of paper. It is difficult to understand the assignment which sounds like “write about the writing.” However, through reading this article, you will learn how to write such essays.
The main goal is to uncover the methods and persuasive approaches that the writer of the specific article is using to receive feedback. It is important to break apart the words, phrases, and sentences. A topic should be based on the original speech of the authorities. They can be politicians, scientists, actors, etc. All you have to do on your test is to evaluate the value of some example of such speech.
You may discover how to write an original persuasive essay using these tips!
Strategies for Getting Ready
While mastering different techniques, do not forget that any examination sets certain time limits. Usually, you have just 50 minutes to write a complete rhetorical essay. You may think that it’s more than enough, but it's not. Mind that you need some time for creating a draft and revision.
The author should prepare a schedule. Try to dedicate a sufficient amount of time to several activities that contribute to the process of writing a rhetorical analysis essay:
- Reading and comprehension
Most of your time should be invested in the original analysis of the given text.
Begin taking notes of what you read from the very start. You may face a great amount of information to process. Try to choose only the most effective questions to answer:
- Explain who the author is, but do not include the whole biography.
- Define the reading audience.
- Identify the main goal of the example speech.
- Write about specific settings like time and location. Share your ideas why the author chose this setting.
This way, a writer can find the most effective and easy strategies. It is important to understand the persuasive and debatable techniques applied by the author. In AP English course, it is critical to determine the impact of the chosen techniques and strategies on the ethos, pathos, and logos.
The first component deals with ethics. In this part, a student has to present arguments that explain why the specific article is a credible one. Validate the words of the author with the help of certain examples and facts. After ethos, a pathos follows. It has to do with the reader’s emotions. How does the author manage to stimulate people to demonstrate an emotional reaction to the reading? Find out how the readers are responding to the writer’s or speaker’s statement. Finally, the logos stand for the ability to express logical/rational ability to think. Is the speaker successful with his attempts to persuade the audience? How does it treat him?
- An example of ethos: “The best chefs from China suggest that people apply this recipe when cooking sushi!” “I am a doctor with more than 15 years of experience so that I can heal your anorexia.”
- Pathos sample: “Jake knows how to cope with that assignment better than others as he has a talent for solving complicated math problems." “You will not find a good job if you don’t write a good resume today.”
- An example of logos: “The example of the resistance between Europeans and Indians prove that people with weapon possess the entire power.” “I have not noticed too much rain in California for 7 years so far.”
Decide on your preferred tactic to compose an original and impressive rhetorical essay. Having the examples and all required information in front of you, practice writing this type of paper before the examination date.
Search for the best way to use all three effective techniques to persuade the audience in free online examples of rhetorical analysis essays.
Develop Your Essay’s Outline
An evaluation essay demands a good outline just like any other academic paper. You should write an effective outline stating all basic points to win the highest score on your AP Examination. It is recommended that students include up to six paragraphs using one of the official writing styles. The order of the structure remains the same: introduction paragraph – body paragraphs – conclusion section.
The introduction must be brief and clear enough to let the readers understand your topic. To begin with, prepare a summary of the main though of the analyzed author. It would be your original thesis statement. Do not copy-paste the words of your speaker. Even though, you may include an interesting citation from the speech. Mind your persuasive styles.
These 3-4 paragraphs require most of your exam time. Make sure to develop an original question for each paragraph and present an effective answer to it. These would form your arguments. The paragraphs begin with such sentences. The following sentence of the rhetorical analysis paper must contain evidence to support these arguments. Each argument must be related to the thesis statement. Recall all the strategies you have chosen to cover ethos, pathos, and logos. A good evidence will be a direct in-text citation. It will prove that you have read the entire text carefully and you understand the topic. Here are the basic questions for you to consider when writing the body of your rhetorical essay:
- Are the chosen strategies effective?
- Share examples of how the selected techniques function.
- Explain why the speaker selected specific ways to interact with the target audience.
- Describe the way people react to the speech.
Wrap up the paper with the powerful outcomes. First, it is critical to add a rewritten thesis statement. Next, present information on how the piece influenced the readers or listeners. Make sure to unite all arguments into one whole picture. The last sentence of the last paragraph must include a general conclusion to reflect the significance of the given speech/written article and its role in the society.
Some Effective Writing Recommendations
These tips might help on the way to creating a meaningful analysis essay.
- Pay attention to grammar. It is important to re-read the entire essay once done to correct all English grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. Make sure to use only pure, official English. Check the structure of your rhetorical analysis essay as well.
- Mind how you use different words. English vocabulary is another important part to consider as you should avoid terms that you do not understand.
- What about the coherency? Your analysis essay must be as smooth as possible. Use appropriate transition words to have your paper written in a good English.
- Apply present tense only. Also, avoid using the first-person.
- Following the guidelines, give a meaningful respond to the speech or article shared by the author.
A rhetorical analysis essay is a real challenge on the way to a high test score. If you are assigned one to complete at home, there is no better solution than ordering the academic paper from the competent AP English writers. Being native speakers with the prestigious diplomas and rewards for long years of work in the educational field, we are ready to prepare the most effective analysis essay for all our customers!